NHS Solutions has an immediate opening for an experienced Interim Nurse Leader in Sterile Processing. This role includes assisting the operating room and other areas in the procurement of medical supplies, instruments, and sterile processing issues. Internal customers are other company staff, physicians, patients, visitors, managers, and executives. External customers are vendors, patients, visitors, other facilities, and non-company medical facilities. Extensive knowledge of the operating room, surgical instruments, supplies and procedures is required. The successful candidate must possess effective organizational, communication and human relations skills as well as the ability to interact and teach various levels of learners.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent combination of education & experience (such as an Associate’s Degree from 2 year college or technical school with at least 5- 8 years directly related experience)
- Proficiency level typically acquired with an additional 5 – 8 years CSPD experience including knowledge of surgical instrumentation, patient related supplies, materials and equipment, aseptic and sterilization techniques
- 2 years of leadership experience in a management position
- National certification as a SPD Technician or Surgical Instrument
- Basiccomputer skills required
- Meditech knowledge preferred