NHS Solutions has a new opportunity for an Interim Nurse Leader in Critical Care. The Director, Critical Care is the nursing expert for critical care, definitive observation unit and cardiology with responsibility for these recognized service line or multiple sub-specialty areas. This independent position exists typically to influence organizational direction and effectively direct operations. This is the organizational thought leader, seasoned expert, often called upon to influence the regulatory/legal environment or to drive integration of complex issues or functions across the facility or system. This position is expected to integrate the efforts of others towards achieving a common goal, hence integration vs. coordination is required. In accordance with the State of California Practice Nurse Act, focus is on planning and direction vs. daily monitoring and supervising. Reporting to the Associate Chief Nursing Officer, the Director of Critical Care is accountable for leading development of organization approaches in area of expertise (vs. program implementation). The successful candidate will have management and budgetary responsibility and control of major patient care units. Major function is independent enough with respect to daily operations that intradepartmental autonomy exists within the broader organizational context.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ previous experience, which included at least 3 years of experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity with increasing management skill set and responsibility
- Demonstrated solid managerial, administrative, scheduling, planning and budgeting skills
- Possession of a valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California