Interim Director of Surgery in California needed
NHS Solutions has an urgent need for an interim Director of Surgical Services. The Director of Surgery has 24 hour responsibility and accountability for providing overall leadership and management of a designated patient care area which promotes excellent nursing care, cost effective use of materials and human resources, and professional growth and job satisfaction. The Surgery Director coordinates the operative schedule with surgeons and anesthesiologists to effectively utilize surgery time and staff scheduling. The Surgery Director also assures that legal aspects of the peri-operative phase of care meets the broad variety of outpatient procedures. The Surgery Director provides coordination of complete and consistent leadership for the peri-operative patient in pre-op, intra-op and post-op units
- Formal education resulting in an ADN or BSN degree
- Current California RN license.
- Current CPR and ACLS certifications
- 2 years experience as a Nurse manager where management skills have been practiced and proven, preferably in an Surgery/Recovery Department.
- At least 2 years experience as a Staff Nurse in a Surgery Department.