Interim Director of Infection Control Position
NHS Solutions has a fantastic Interim Nurse Leader position available immediately. This is a great opportunity to bring your experience and expertise to a hospital in a beautiful part of the United States.
- Design and evaluate prevention and control strategies
- Conduct on-going surveillance using Centers for Disease Control (DCD) infection criteria, documentation, and investigation of hospital acquired infections through review of admission diagnoses, microbiology culture results, isolation orders, patient records, consultation requests, post-discharge surveillance, and autopsy findings
- Conduct environmental rounds in all inpatient and outpatient care areas
- Report epidemiologically significant findings to appropriate customers
- Participate in quality/performance improvement activities by assessing, monitoring, and measuring hospital acquired infections and evaluating outcomes on a continuous basis.
- Conduct regularly scheduled Hospital Infection Control meetings and dissemination of recommendations hospital-wide
- Serve as a knowledgeable and available resource on infection control practices and policies to patients, families, physicians and employees
- Maintain compliance with national standards and regulating bodies
- Graduate of accredited nursing program with current RN license in the state
- BSN preferred
- Previous experience, course work or certification in infection prevention
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PPT programs
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)