Finding a replacement for hospital leaders on short or unexpected notice can be a significant challenge. A sudden illness, family obligation, career opportunity, or any number of other ‘surprises’ can create a leadership vacuum without warning, and without time to prepare for a replacement.
Also, strategic corporate change can expose leadership gaps based on new organizational needs and challenges. These are all situations where interim healthcare leaders can make an impact in a short amount of time. In many cases, an interim expert is the best solution to fill the temporary leadership void, make changes to the team or how a department is managed.
Interim Healthcare Leaders Offer a Custom Fit
There are several key reasons why a customized, self-contained interim solution can be the best way to provide short-term leadership and produce long-term benefits:
- Application of specialized knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with best-practice standards and methods
- Short-term change management to avoid disruptions for core managers
- Troubleshooting underperformance and program improvements
- Managing special projects, unbiased system reviews, training trainers
The primary advantages of having an interim leader execute any program or mandate come from the division, focus, and concentration of duties that can be achieved. This can result in rapid improvements to systems, processes, and ongoing operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
Interim Leaders Emphasize Experience and Expertise
Interim healthcare leaders are typically career hospital executives, senior administrators, and clinical directors and specialists. They tend to share certain professional characteristics:
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality, high-value care, and patient satisfaction.
- Extensive experience in the management of hospitals and multi-site health systems.
- Well-versed in planning, policy development, and execution of care for ambulatory and inpatient programming.
- Motivated and energized by new challenges, new environments, and new opportunities to make a lasting, positive difference in healthcare outcomes.
Cost Effective Interim Healthcare Leadership Solutions
When a healthcare facility has a sudden need to fill a leadership vacancy, using an interim leader is the ideal way to bridge the gap before a new leader becomes available. Interim experts can manage a unit and carry out specialized jobs with specific goals and objectives, and NHS Solutions provides a unique combination of interim healthcare leadership services and pricing models. Interim placement is our sole focus and its what we do best. Give us a call today and explore how our interim candidates can be a perfect match for your interim leadership positions.