NHS Solutions has a fantastic opportunity for an Interim Infection Control Leader for our client in the Mid Atlantic Region. This position is responsible for the overall budget, management and coordination, of the Infection Prevention and Control Program. The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination for the development, implementation and evaluation of the Medical Center Infection Control program including survey readiness. This includes providing a planned, systematic, organization-wide approach to identifying, designing, measuring, prioritizing and monitoring all Infection Prevention and Control activities, including new processes and services. Inherent in this role is the ability to ensure data integrity, inclusive of clear aggregated reports, the ability to prioritize and recommend improvements, decrease duplication, and ensure compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC), CDC, APIC, CMS, state standards and regulations along with any other applicable regulatory agencies. The scope of work includes supervision of assigned staff, education, training, hands-on participation/leadership, and development of assigned staff in performance improvement for the whole organization. The Manager collaborates with inpatient and outpatient departments, physicians and senior leadership to effectively measure, assess and continuously improve quality of care and services provided.
- Bachelor’s Degree, RN License,
- Minimum 5 years hospital-based clinical experience in Infection Prevention and Control
- Minimum of 2 years in progressive Infection Control and Prevention experience preferred
- Preference given for those possessing experience in academic healthcare
- CPHQ preferredCIC Certification in Infection Control) or must obtained within one year of hire