NHS Solutions has an immediate and urgent need for an Interim Director of the Emergency Department. The Interim ED Director is responsible for the administration and supervision of the Emergency department including the overall planning and organizing of activities and staffing on the unit; hiring, maintaining, disciplining and firing of personnel; participating in the financial management of the department including budgetary planning, equipment/supplies procurement and expense monitoring and responsibility. This position is responsible for developing, reviewing and revising all policies and procedures relevant to the department and coordinating performance improvement activities. This position is a 24 hour 7 day a week responsibility for the functioning of the department and is a member of the Nursing Administrative team.
- RN, minimum 5 years clinical experience in Emergency Nursing
- BSN required; Masters preferred
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated leadership experience in ED area preferred
- Track record of improving and sustaining quality employee satisfaction and patient satisfaction
- Track record of effective innovations in quality and operations
- Track record of effective financial management
- Current BLS/ACLS required