NHS Solutions has a fantastic opportunity for an Interim Nurse Leader interested in transitioning to a permanent position. The Director of Quality Management, under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer and working collaboratively with the Chief Quality Officer is responsible for the oversight, management and performance of quality initiatives and programs throughout the health system including acute care hospitals, ambulatory center, family health clinics, and behavioral health center. Serves as a leader in hospital committees and participates in, and leads as appropriate, organizational initiatives and special projects. This leadership position ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory standards; optimizes staff productivity and work efficiencies/automation; and provides effective communication to all levels of the organization. In addition to providing strategic support, direction and leadership for assigned areas, this position will partner and collaborate with internal and external sources to identify opportunities for improving performance, patient quality, patient safety, infection prevention, medical staff peer review, and quality outcomes.
Requires a working knowledge of a comprehensive health quality program (eg patient safety, peer review, and infection control) and hospital system organizations. Must be a successful leader of people, have strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team. Must be able to decide how to allocate people, time and other resource to create, execute, and accomplish an operating or project plan on time and within budget. Must have solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities. Must be able to manage priorities in a dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly and positively. Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed, as well as demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work as a team member with peers, other managers, staff and senior leadership. Must possess good customer service and communications skills, the ability to work with professionals and maintain confidentiality standards
- Master’s degree in Nursing, healthcare administration, business administration or related field
- At least eight (8) years progressively responsible quality management related experience that demonstrates a high level of understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience must include demonstrated leadership ability, preferably as a Director of Quality Management or related management position in a healthcare setting
- Requires certification in healthcare quality (eg. CPHQ) or must obtain within six months of hire
- Lean Six Sigma certification is preferred