NHS Solutions has a new and urgent opening for an Interim Nurse Leader for a key client on the West Coast. This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your experience and expertise to the unit where your ability to step in and lead are needed. This is a 24 hour, seven day a week responsibility for the functioning of the department and is a member of the nursing administrative team.
- Administration and supervision of designated units, including Operating Room, Anesthesia, Central Sterile, Day Surgery, Post Anesthesia Recovery Room, and Special Procedures
- Overall planning and organizing of activities and staffing on the unit; hiring, maintaining, disciplining and firing of personnel; collaborating with other departments, physicians and the community
- Participating in the financial management of the department including budgetary planning, equipment/supplies procurement and expense monitoring and responsibility
- This position is responsible for developing, reviewing and revising all policies and procedures relevant to the departments.
- RN license in the state
- BSN required, Masters preferred, CNOR preferred
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience
- Competency in effective perioperative management of patients