NHS Solutions has an immediate need for an Interim Nurse Leader in California. The Interim Director Cardiovascular Services coordinates Cardiovascular Services across all departments where cardiovascular care is provided. This includes both inpatient and outpatient care as well as Outpatient Cardiovascular non-invasive procedures/testing, Cardiac Catheterization & EP Department, Surgical Services related to cardiac and vascular procedures/surgeries, Pre & Post Anesthesia Units including PACU, Emergency Department, and Inpatient Care Units. Coordination includes partnership with the CV physicians as well as the leadership across the various stakeholders and departments within the hospital.
The Cardiovascular Service Line Director is responsible for the full integration of services to achieve the highest levels of clinical quality outcomes, patient satisfaction, and affordability. As such, the CV Service Line Director is accountable for the provision of quality patient care through the implementation of efficient patient process management, service integration, effective recruitment/retention/development of personnel, capital planning, and new program development. The director leads the administrative CV service line meetings and designated work plan committees, and partners with the physicians to achieve co-management outcomes and initiatives. The CV Director works cross-functionally with both clinical and support departments in achieving a comprehensive approach/focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health care or related field; Masters preferred
- Previous healthcare administration or service line management experience
- Previous clinical background is preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing key strategic initiatives and project management
- Previous experience with physician and non-physician contracting desired
- Experience working with physicians across multiple specialties and attaining/maintaining positive relationships and priorities
- A thorough knowledge of hospital services/operations
- Knowledge of performance improvement and work process management
- Working knowledge of Lean principles and processes desired
- Knowledge of Cardiovascular Services highly desirable
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Power Point, Word, Excel
- Midas/ CTS, and EPIC proficiency is desirable. Ability to quickly learn multiple IT systems critical.