NHS Solutions has an immediate need for an Interim Nurse Leader in Infection prevention. Our client in California is looking for an experienced leader who will engage staff with compliance and the utilization of new technology to capture data. The Interim Director of Infection Prevention will ensure the continuing quality of the hospital infection prevention program for the prevention and control of infectious diseases within the patient community. The job requires both specialized knowledge of infection prevention requirements and an ability to communicate those requirements to hospital staff members. The Director of Infection Prevention must be able to work independently and with a minimum of supervision in assessing patient needs and hospital procedures. Reporting to the Vice President of Nursing Services, this interim role is expected to begin with an initial 3 month assignment.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- California RN license
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Microbiology, or Public Health
- 4 years of clinical experience
- 3 years’ work experience in infection prevention
- Certification in Leadership or Healthcare Quality