NHS Solutions has a new opportunity for an Interim Coding Manager in the Northeast region. The Interim Coding Manager is responsible for general supervision of daily operational functions for the outpatient/inpatient coding team under the direction of the HIM Director. This will include scheduling of staff, prioritizing daily workflow, supervising performance and staff development. The position will act as a department resource on documentation and billing requirements for coding. Will perform quality audits to ensure accuracy of coding and reduce the risk of noncompliance with third party payer requirements. Supports reduction of DNFB by providing timely and accurate coding of unbilled accounts. Assists in the development and updating of policies/procedures related to outpatient/inpatient coding. Coordinates compliance/education initiatives with other departments as needed, to reduce incidence of audits by insurance companies.
- Associates Degree, Bachelor’s preferred
- Credentials: RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) or RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) or Certified Coding Specialist required
- Experience in Meditech and Cerner a plus
- Experience in API payroll system
- Minimum 3-5 years coding experience, preferably in an acute care setting
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience