NHS Solutions has an immediate need for an Interim Director of Pharmacy Services. This role is located in California. Under administrative direction, the Interim Director of Pharmacy plans, organizes, directs and implements the technical, operational and fiscal management of the hospital’s pharmacy services division.
- Directs the operations of the Hospital’s Pharmacy Services Division, inpatient and outpatient pharmacy services; coordinates operations in conjunction with designated physician chairpersons to facilitate clinical services.
- Develops, establishes, and maintains policies and procedures.
- Develops and manages operating budget and maintains fiscal control of the Pharmacy Services division; prepares annual reports.
- Establishes goals and objectives; develops long range plans and prioritizes division activities to ensure quality of services.
- Interviews, selects, evaluates, supervises and counsels respective supervisors and staff.
- Coordinates effective and efficient services with medical staff and hospital divisions.
- Implements and monitors effective quality control, quality assurance and safety programs.
- Monitors hospital compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements; keeps current with new trends and procedures.
- Oversees Medical Center Formulary, pharmacy inventory and quality control records.
- Establishes, maintains and coordinates procedures for the regulation of controlled substances or restricted drugs and the enforcement of appropriate security measures.
- Ensures timely input of patient charges into the accounting system.
- Conducts ongoing assessments of division operations to ensure effective and efficient environment.
- Oversees contracts for services and supplies; coordinates purchasing functions.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate records and statistics.
- Doctorate (Pharm. D) or Master’s Degree (MBA, MPH, or MHA)
- Pharmacy degree from an accredited school of Pharmacy & valid license to practice in CA
- 3 years of management experience in an acute healthcare facility