Interim Patient Safety Consultant
NHS Solutions seeks an experienced Patient Safety Consultant for a client in the NE region of the US. Under the leadership of the Corporate Director of Quality and Patient Safety, the Patient Safety Consultant (PSC) creates, implements, evaluates, and supports the organization’s Patient Safety Program. The PSC serves as a subject matter expert and resource for clinical and non-clinical departments on issues of patient safety. Acts as a role model for patient safety and quality improvement. The PSC establishes responsive relationships and maintains effective communications with key stakeholders across the organization with regards to patient safety related information. This role requires strong critical thinking skills and excellent communication, facilitation, and presentation skills.
The PSC is responsible for investigating safety events and leadership, provider and staff education on the organization’s patient safety program including safety science, safety behaviors, event reporting, investigation processes, and lessons learned. Supports the use of evidence-based practices which promote a strong culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Business, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, or related field
- Master’s degree (MSN, MHA) preferred
- 3 years clinical or healthcare related experience and 1 year quality/performance improvement experience
- Experience working in a complex health system (hospitals, ambulatory clinics, post-acute care, etc.) preferred
- Demonstrated experience conducting root cause analyses (RCA) and failure mode and effects (FMEA) analyses preferred